Pepperfry.com: Marketing to Manage Customer Experience
(6 pages of text)
Case (Pub Mat)
In 2016, Pepperfry.com (Pepperfry) was India’s leading online retailer of furniture and home products. As a pioneer in the online furniture and furnishings space, Pepperfry had a first-mover advantage that led to the achievement of significant milestones within a short period. Online marketing, however, involved distinct challenges compared with traditional marketing practices. Improving customer experience at the different stages of a consumer’s purchase could be the foundational strategy to resolve these challenges. How could Pepperfry’s service design further enhance the customer experience and achieve a competitive advantage?
This case is designed for graduate and undergraduate management courses in undergraduate and MBA programs, especially in relation to the concept of the customer experience. By discussing the various phases of a consumer’s purchase decision, students will enhance their understanding of how marketing management can resolve challenges and improve the customer experience. The key objectives of this case are to help students understand
- the customer decision journey;
- the concept of the customer experience;
- the potential touch points in the customer decision journey that can improve the customer experience;
- how to achieve a competitive advantage through an enhanced customer experience; and
- the role of service design in accomplishing a heightened customer experience.
India, Large, 2016
$5.30 CAD / $5.00 USD Printed Copy
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Permissions
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Digital Download