Ken Private Limited: Digitization Project
(8 pages of text)
The COO of a global knowledge-outsourcing and technology-services firm has been selected by his company’s board of directors to step in and rescue a large-scale digitization project that is in danger of missing its rapidly approaching deadline. The project requires the firm to create digital archives of a daily American newspaper, spanning a coverage time of 150 years. With teams from two different countries paired to work on this significant venture, things quickly go awry on several levels as a result of misunderstandings about client expectations, lack of employee training (both from a standpoint of cultural awareness and with respect to the use of new technology) and poor project management. The COO must quickly develop an action plan to address these issues and ensure the success of the project in the face of an ultimatum from the client: deliver the project on time or lose it completely.
In the role of the COO, students must create an action plan to overcome the issues that threaten to derail the project.
- Appreciate the nature of the planned change.
- Gain an understanding of change management in organizational settings.
- Identify the causes of employee resistance and the importance of overcoming resistance.
- Appreciate the difficulties faced by globally distributed teams co-operating on a project.
- Identify the reasons for failure of outsourced projects.
Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
India; Philippines, Large, 2000
$5.30 CAD / $5.00 USD Printed Copy
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Permissions
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Digital Download