Sandalias Finas de Cuernavaca S.A.: Total Quality Management (B)
(7 pages of text)
The president and owner of a small sandal factory decided to implement TQC in his company factory. This case outlines the steps he followed, the problems he encountered and the measures he took to correct them as he introduced his employees to TQC. This case is intended to be used in conjunction with Sandalias Finas de Cuernavaca, S.A.: Total Quality Management (A), case 9A95C018.
- To investigate the fit between TQM (a work system) and the Mexican culture and workers.
- To analyze the cultural values that underlie TQM and the behaviors and skills required of workers and managers.
- To examine Mexican cultural values and the skills of workers at Sandalias Finas de Cuernavaca (SFC).
- To compare the two sets of values and required behaviors and skills
- To understand the required behaviors and skills that workers and managers must have in order to successfully implement TQM.
- To develop an action plan to implement a TQM process in Sandalias Finas de Cuernavaca.
Mexico, Medium, 1989
$3.15 CAD / $3.10 USD Printed Copy
$2.65 CAD / $2.62 USD Permissions
$2.65 CAD / $2.62 USD Digital Download