Diamond Developers: Replicating the Sustainable City
(7 pages of text)
In April 2019, the chief executive officer of Dubai-based Diamond Developers, reflected on his company’s progress in developing a business model based on sustainable living. In December 2015, The Sustainable City in Dubai had welcomed its first residents. The project had become a success story, both commercially and in terms of building a vibrant community of 3,000 residents from 60 countries, who were living a lifestyle characterized by social, environmental, and economic sustainability. After this initial and significant success, the chief executive officer wondered how to replicate the concept, both locally and internationally, to grow the company and to maximize the company's contribution to sustainability and to the fight against climate change.
This case is suitable for undergraduate- and graduate-level courses on business management, environmental management, real estate management, project management, or construction management. After working through the case and assignment questions, students will be able to do the following:
- Assess how sustainability considerations impact the real estate development sector.
- Develop a unique view of how a company can obtain business benefits from sustainability.
- Develop strategic options for companies to integrate sustainability into their business model.
- Apply their understanding of sustainability in the real estate sector to other industries.
- Examine how sustainable business models can be applied internationally.
Real Estate and Rental and Leasing
United Arab Emirates, Medium, 2019
$5.30 CAD / $5.00 USD Printed Copy
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Permissions
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Digital Download