Thank you for visiting our website. Ivey Publishing has developed a set of guidelines for information management in our interactions with customers, based on Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
These guidelines are subject to change at any time; any updates will be posted on this page. This policy was last modified on July 1, 2011.
What information do we collect, and why?
Ivey Publishing's activities on this website consist of:
- Providing a means to search our catalogue and place orders on-line
- Providing access to selected business case studies at no charge to teaching professionals
- Providing an e-mail newsletter to subscribers or registered users who have registered for this service through the website
- Providing occasional emails regarding Ivey Publishing products and services
In order to carry out these activities, Ivey Publishing requires the following personal information:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
How We Collect Personal Information
Ivey Publishing obtains this personal information from individuals who overtly order materials or register their interest on our website or who request that they be registered via one of Ivey Publishing's employees.
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
In addition, we may automatically record some general information about your visit, including:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as "company.ca" or "institution.edu"
- The type and version of browser you are using
- The type of operating system you are using
- The date and time of your visit to our site and the Web pages that you visit on our site, along with the address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked from another site
What We Do With Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
- To process transactions
- To perform statistical analyses measuring relative interest in the various areas of our site
- To send email or conventional mail to you
- To fill orders placed on line
We use non-personal information for statistical analyses, to help us make our site more useful. This tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any personal data collected.
What We Don't Do With Information
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property or safety.
Ivey Publishing does not and will not share the information tracked on this site, in any form, with advertisers or other parties not related to Ivey.
Upon request, Ivey Publishing will remove individuals from its email and conventional mailing lists. At any time, you may edit your personal information through your profile page.
Information collected on individuals is stored on secure servers. Security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under its control.
Third Party Links
We may occasionally link to websites outside of our control. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of websites to which our site may link.