Jakson: Evolution of a Brand
(8 pages of text)
Jakson Group (Jakson) was a pioneer in the field of acoustic diesel generator sets. It was also one of the largest original equipment manufacturers for Cummins India Limited. Jakson had a compound annual growth rate of 23 per cent between 2000 and 2008. However, competitive forces and the 2008 global economic downturn posed tough business challenges for the company. In December 2010, the top management was contemplating how to reinforce the Jakson brand and put the company back on the path of success.
This case is suitable for graduate courses on business-to-business (B2B) marketing, brand management, and business strategy. The case gives students an opportunity to do the following:
- Consider the role of macro environmental factors in marketing and business decisions.
- Describe the steps in building a brand and brand equity in the context of B2B marketing.
- Understand the relationship spectrum in the context of B2B marketing.
- Explain how a firm uses segmentation and after-sales support to achieve its business goals.
- Examine a firm’s diversification options in a dynamic environment.
India, Medium, 2010
$4.25 CAD / $4.25 USD Printed Copy
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Permissions
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Digital Download