Debito Technologies: Taking a Debt Management App Abroad
(4 pages of text)
Debito Technologies s.r.o. was started in December 2014 to help creditors better manage their issued debt. The company provided a complete beginning-to-end service using a debt management application (app) that traced debtors by following their digital footprint. The whole process was managed with just the mobile app and had no upfront fees. In 2017, with success in the Czech market, the company was considering expanding its operations abroad. The company needed to first select a country that provided excellent market potential and product fit, and then develop an ideal market entry.
This case is designed for graduate level students in courses on international business, strategic management (in a module on internationalization strategy), and innovative business models. It can also be used for undergraduate students to introduce the concept of modes of entry in the context of a mobile app firm. After completing the case, students should be able to
- analyze different countries quantitatively for international expansion, including market attractiveness and product fit;
- explain how expansion varies between information technology (IT) companies and non-IT companies;
- apply waterfall, sprinkler, and wave strategies to global expansion;
- explain the various modes of entry suitable for a mobile app firm and understand how modes of entry change with local requirements; and
- analyze the feasibility of each mode of entry and consider how to mitigate any adverse effects to gain maximum benefits.
Finance and Insurance
Czech Republic, Small, 2014
$4.25 CAD / $4.25 USD Printed Copy
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Permissions
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Digital Download