Art With Impact: The Art of Non-Profit Fundraising
(7 pages of text)
Since its founding in 2011, Art With Impact (AWI) had one precise goal—to enable young people in Canada and the United States to talk about mental health issues through art and media. The foundation enjoyed great success. However, like many other charities and non-profit organizations, AWI was struggling with the challenge of raising adequate funding. In 2017, AWI was looking ahead and wanted to design a sophisticated social media to attract numerous smaller donors. Was there an ideal strategy to achieve high levels of funding and high numbers of donors? Or would it be best to focus solely on raising the number of donors to build a database, collect data, and refine a strategy to collect more funding from AWI’s donors in the future?
This case is suitable for an introductory undergraduate marketing class or advanced courses on social media marketing strategy at both the undergraduate and MBA levels. The case explores several key issues related to organizations that rely on funding and donations to achieve their business goals. After completion of this case, students will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Recognize the problems that non-profit organizations face related to limited funding diversification.
- Develop a social media strategy to attract more interest and donations for a non-profit organization with limited resources.
- Identify the unique propositions of non-profit organizations and develop a campaign that is consistent with those aspects.
- Identify the difference between the importance of maximizing donations or maximizing donors for a non-profit organization.
- Develop a detailed social media communication implementation plan.
Health Care Services
Canada; United States, Small, 2017-2018
$4.25 CAD / $4.25 USD Printed Copy
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Permissions
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Digital Download