Tech Talk: Creating a Social Media Strategy
(8 pages of text)
Tech Talk is an electronic content publishing portal that publishes articles on information and communication technologies. The articles cover specialized areas such as business analytics, e-governance, e-commerce, web technologies, big data analytics, software project management, telecommunication systems, business management theories, service science, e-payments, and Internet marketing. As a growth strategy, the co- founder of Tech Talk wants to draw traffic by creating a larger social media presence. He wants to use established strategies, and has the following questions: How should he strategize the interaction with readers on social media? With so many platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, which ones should he focus on? Should he manage the social media marketing in-house or outsource it?
This case can be used at the undergraduate and MBA level during focused sessions of e-business, digital marketing, web analytics, and information systems courses, and works best toward the middle of the course. After completing the case, students should be able to do the following:
- Discuss the electronic content publishing industry and its competitive landscape.
- Summarize the different ways websites get traffic and the role social media can play in building traffic.
- Outline the different models for social media promotion, including both ethical and non-ethical strategies for building social presence.
- Explain how social media analytics provide insights for marketing.
- Describe key performance indicators available from Facebook and Twitter analytics.
Information, Media & Telecommunications
India, Small, 2016
$4.25 CAD / $4.25 USD Printed Copy
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Permissions
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Digital Download