Hyrule Cinemas: Pricing Movies and Popcorn
(3 pages of text)
Case (Gen Exp)
Hyrule Cinemas is losing money quickly and its owner must take steps to rectify the problem. Using survey data and general information about the business, three types of analysis can be completed: Van Westendorp, conjoint, and a decision tree. These analyses will enable Hyrule Cinemas to make the best decision possible about price points and location, thereby helping the company to become profitable. A student spreadsheet is available (see 7B14E012
- The implications and meaning of a Van Westendorp analysis.
- How to complete a Van Westendorp analysis.
- How to derive conjoint utility scores from preferences (through regression).
- How to use a conjoint and complete trade-off analysis.
- How to incorporate this into a decision tree to make the best decision for the company.
Arts, Entertainment, Sports and Recreation
Canada, Small, 2014
$5.30 CAD / $5.00 USD Printed Copy
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Permissions
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Digital Download