Hyundai Securities: International Expansion
(9 pages of text)
Firms in Korea’s securities and brokerage industries have experienced fierce competition in the domestic market, which has led to international expansion being considered a popular strategic alternative. The chief executive officer of Hyundai Securities Co., Ltd., a Korean securities firm, envisions his company becoming the “pan-Asian market leader.” As a result, he is pursuing an international expansion strategy in Hong Kong and Singapore. However, given the popularity of international expansion in these areas, the markets are highly competitive. Has the CEO made an appropriate strategic decision?
- Understanding the motivation of international expansion.
- Introducing how organizations react to industry-level changes.
- Evaluating the rationale of the location decision.
- Assessing the benefits and costs of international expansion.
- Understanding the implementation process of strategic decision-making, such as restructuring and international expansion.
Finance and Insurance
Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Large, 2013
$4.25 CAD / $4.25 USD Printed Copy
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Permissions
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Digital Download