Jill's Table: Digitizing a Retail Legacy
(6 pages of text)
The founder of a bricks-and-mortar kitchen accessories retail store, Jill's Table, is considering the expansion of her existing information-based website to an e-commerce presence, but wonders whether the factors that have led to her current success can be replicated in the virtual world. Students are asked to make decisions related to translating brand values from the real world to the virtual world; overcoming technological hurdles; addressing design issues in terms of the user experience; developing a content marketing and digital promotions strategy, including social media and email marketing; determining a pricing strategy; planning for fulfillment and returns; handling customer service and measuring performance.
- To understand the ingredients necessary for building successful brands over time.
- To explore the challenges of translating tactile and in-person customer experiences into successful virtual experiences.
- To understand the costs, risks and hurdles unique to developing a successful e-commerce presence.
- To understand the differences between retailing in store and online.
- To explore the compromises and associated decisions required when establishing an online retail presence, including the challenges of online competition, pricing, fulfillment and customer service.
Canada, Small, 2013
$5.30 CAD / $5.00 USD Printed Copy
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Permissions
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Digital Download