The Cultural Battle of the Australian Army
(5 pages of text)
The Chief of the Australian Army faces a significant public scandal. In recent weeks, allegations have emerged that members of the country’s defence forces, including officers, shared explicit emails and photos that denigrated women. The scandal occurs as the Australian Defence Force is actively encouraging more women to join the ranks of the military. The Chief of the Australian Army needs to devise a strategy to communicate to the victims of the scandal, members of the army and the general public that the Australian Army is a national institution with strong values and moral standards and will not tolerate chauvinism of any kind.
- To place students directly into a leadership role at a major institution.
- To have students understand the negative implications of sexism within an institution.
- To devise an immediate course of action for the Australian Army to address the current public scandal.
- To evaluate the difficult task of initiating major cultural change.
- To have students understand the role of leadership character in personal and organizational effectiveness.
Australia, Large, 2013
$4.25 CAD / $4.25 USD Printed Copy
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Permissions
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Digital Download