Landsbankinn HF: Leadership Challenges Going Forward
(7 pages of text)
Landsbankinn hf. was the market leading financial institution in Iceland. The chief executive officer took on his role in mid-2010. At a time when employee morale and customer satisfaction was essentially non-existent, and bankers were widely seen as nation-destroying criminals, he was hired to build a sustainable operation with a reputable brand and restore trust among employees, politicians, regulators, industry peers and customers. Building a positive relationship with Icelanders would be particularly difficult for Landsbankinn because it was moving forward using the decimated brand of its failed predecessor. The Icelandic people would want to know and see what exactly had changed that made the bank a trustworthy institution.
- To understand the myriad of reasons why the bank failed.
- To appreciate that part of that failure was due to the actions of the banks themselves but also partly to the worldwide banking crisis.
- To understand the importance of organizational design in creating effective organizations.
- To examine best practices in leading deep and comprehensive organizational change.
- To establish how to build and rebuild trust.
- To explore leadership character.
Finance and Insurance
Iceland, Large, 2010
$5.30 CAD / $5.00 USD Printed Copy
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Permissions
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Digital Download