Smith Family Financial Plan (B)
(5 pages of text)
This case series engages students in evaluating financial-planning alternatives and considering the effects of their recommendations on client goals. It places students in the role of a financial advisor and introduces them to the personal financial-planning process, with emphasis on personal financial statements and liquidity issues, insurance, investments, taxation, and retirement planning. This case was designed to complement the curriculum of an upper year undergraduate personal finance class and simulates the professional financial-planning environment of meeting with clients and developing financial plans. This case asks students to:
- Assess short-term and long-term financial goals while considering the time value of money.
- Create personal financial statements.
- Identify liquidity issues (banking, money management and personal credit).
- Assist clients in personal tax planning.
- Discuss the most effective way to finance large purchases to best meet client goals (personal loans and houses).
Finance and Insurance
Canada, Small, 2012
$3.15 CAD / $3.10 USD Printed Copy
$2.65 CAD / $2.62 USD Permissions
$2.65 CAD / $2.62 USD Digital Download