Wolters Brewery (B): Traditions for the Future (Simplified Chinese version)
(6 pages of text)
This case is a supplement to Wolters Brewery (A): Negotiating Restructuring. It gives a debriefing of the (A) case. It is also an independent case on small- and medium-sized enterprises facing issues of local brand marketing in an industry increasingly dominated by global players, and of developing exports from scratch.
Suggested classroom use:
- Business negotiations (MBO team versus global multinational enterprise versus local city council versus local bank).
- Entrepreneurship (MBO: preparing a business plan).
- Strategy (strategy implementation involving discontinuation of an operation and lay-off of staff, business-government interfaces at a local level).
- International business (global-local tensions in the process of restructuring and integration of acquired businesses).
- Marketing (local brand strategy, exporting at an early stage [B-case]).
Germany, Medium, 2005, 2011
$4.25 CAD / $4.25 USD Printed Copy
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Permissions
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Digital Download