Valuing Wal-Mart 2010
(5 pages of text)
Case (Pub Mat)
An equity analyst uses a variety of methods to value Wal-Mart shares with a view to making a buy/sell or hold recommendation for the stock. Her key task is to use an intrinsic value approach to price the shares and to then compare the resulting price with the price at which the stock is traded in the market.
The case achieves the following objectives:
- Discusses the role of, and techniques employed by, equity analysts.
- Introduces students to the valuation of a stock using variants of the dividend discount model.
- Introduces students to the price-to-earnings (P/E) multiple model.
- Illustrates the application of the capital asset pricing model.
- Introduces students to the use of a variety of data sources, such as analysts’ forecasts, Bloomberg, and Value Line.
United States, Large, 2010
$4.25 CAD / $4.25 USD Printed Copy
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Permissions
$3.75 CAD / $3.75 USD Digital Download