Cisco Systems Inc.: Managing Corporate Growth Using an Intranet
(6 pages of text)
Cisco is the world's largest, and leading manufacturer and distributor of routers and switches. In order to achieve this position, it has adopted an aggressive growth strategy, acquiring companies, their employees, and new employees at a rate of 250 to 300 employees per month. The Cisco Employee Connection (CEC), a corporate intranet, is the primary means by which new employees are absorbed and acculturated. The CEC is also the principal means of interaction for the multi-functional work team approach Cisco employs. This case critically assesses this approach to scaling an organization, and the extent to which it can be maintained and transferred.
- To understand how to develop and deploy IS strategies.
- To understand how to link strategy and structure using information systems.
- To understand organizational scaling.
- To understand employee acculturation.
- To understand corporate intranet management.
USA, Large, 1997
$5.30 CAD / $5.00 USD Printed Copy
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Permissions
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Digital Download