The UEFA Academy: Enhancing The Beautiful Game Through Co-Creation
(7 pages of text)
In 2020, the head of the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) Academy, faced some tough decisions surrounding co-creation initiatives. The UEFA Academy was founded in early 2019 to address the learning needs of the football world with the aim of advancing the game. Since its inception, the UEFA Academy had been enthusiastically received by the sporting world. However, in pursuit of constant improvement, the head of the UEFA Academy wondered whether the use of co-creation could bring innovation and excellence to the UEFA Academy’s programs. Which key stakeholders should the UEFA Academy involve in this initiative? What factors should be considered when formulating the UEFA Academy's value co-creation strategy? And what co-creating activities should the co-creation initiative focus on?
This case can be used in both undergraduate- and graduate-level courses on customer relationship management, consumer marketing, brand management, marketing strategy, or innovation. After working through the case and assignment questions, students will be able to
- explore co-creation as a means of gaining customer interest, acquisition, and retention;
- perform stakeholder analysis using the stakeholder matrix;
- develop differentiation in positioning based on co-creation;
- identify the challenges faced in collaborative innovation and the development of new values with stakeholders; and
- follow the development of shifting from conventional product development to adopting innovation through value co-creation.
Arts, Entertainment, Sports and Recreation
Switzerland, Large, 2020
$5.30 CAD / $5.00 USD Printed Copy
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Permissions
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Digital Download