Astro-Vision FutureTech: Envisioning the Future
(9 pages of text)
In February 2016, the managing director of Astro-Vision Futuretech Private Limited (Astro-Vision), one of the leading astrology product and service providers in India, was deliberating his company’s strategic options. He had to decide on the strategic direction of his company, particularly the business verticals, products and services, and marketing and distribution channels he should focus on, given the business environment and the company’s competencies, vision, mission, value propositions, and potential for future growth.
This case is suitable as part of a core course in strategic management or service management in a graduate or executive-level course. It may also be used for a second-year elective course in marketing of services or marketing strategy. Working through the case and assignment questions will give students the opportunity to
- understand strategic decision-making process and strategy frameworks;
- perform SWOT analysis for a company;
- analyze the market based on Porter’s Five Forces framework;
- evaluate the strategic options for a company in a business environment; and
- decide on a strategic growth plan and chart out the course of action.
India, Small, 2016
$5.30 CAD / $5.00 USD Printed Copy
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Permissions
$4.50 CAD / $4.25 USD Digital Download